Devon Surface Care Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 10625579. Our registered office is Devon Surface Care Ltd, Unit 14 Link House, Leat Street, Tiverton, Devon EX16 5LG
- This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, or that we obtain from other sources will be processed by us when you:
- complete your details on our website www.devonsurfacecare.co.uk
- contact us via the phone or email or
- use our services;
PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
This section explains why we hold and process your personal data. If you do not wish to provide us with your personal data in this way, you may be unable to receive services from us.
- To enter contracts with you: Where you order services from us, we will process your personal data to process your order so that we can deliver these services to you. Our use of personal data in this way includes sharing your personal data with our payment system provider, our employees and potential subcontractors.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints:
Handling the information you have sent us enables us to respond to you. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you.
- To improve our services to you:
Providing you with the best service and understand how we can improve our services based on your experience.
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, service issues, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by post, email or text message. If we did not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. For example, we’ll record what services you purchase from us, and any feedback to continue to improve our service to you.
- Comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you. Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01884 370073.
- Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as delivery of goods). We do so to fulfil our contractual commitments to you in connection with our service to you. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
- To provide products to others: Where you have provided personal data about another person (for example, where you require a service to be undertaken on someone else’s property or tenanted property) we need to process such personal data in order to provide our services to the other person or people. This will include sharing their personal data with delivery companies and other potential subcontractors. We need to process their personal data in this way to be able to provide them with the services you have ordered for them from us.
- The legal basis on which we process their personal data in these circumstances is our legitimate interest to provide the person you have identified and requested with the products you have ordered.
- For marketing purposes, where
– you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us, we will process your personal data to provide you with marketing communications in line with the preferences you have provided; You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes, and you can withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed in this way at any time by contacting us or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link available in every marketing communication you receive from us. If you do choose to withdraw your consent, this will not mean that our processing of your personal data before you withdrew your consent was unlawful.
- If our business is sold: We will transfer your personal data to a third party:
– in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (at all times in accordance with all applicable data protection laws); or
– if Devon Surface Care or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Devon Surface Care about its customers will be one of the assets transferred to the purchaser, in each case, the legal basis on which we process your data in these circumstances is our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by a purchaser. If you object to our use of personal data in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
INFORMATION WE GATHER
We will collect and process the following personal data about you.
- The information you give us: This is information about you that you give us when filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include names, addresses, financial information, email addresses and phone numbers.
- We do not process any special categories of personal data, meaning personal data revealing:
– racial or ethnic origin;
– political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership;
– genetic or biometric data that uniquely identifies you; or
– data concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation.
– we do not collect data relating to criminal convictions or offences or related security measures.
THIRD PARTY RELEASE OF DATA
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
- We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information is stored on our secure servers using reputable companies.
- We limit access to our systems and all information is password protected to ensure that your information is not viewable by any unauthorised parties. Although we will do our best to protect your person data, Devon Surface Care cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk.
PERIOD OF STORAGE
- Where you order goods and/or services from us, we will retain your data for a period of six years after the services were completed, to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions or feedback in relation to our goods and/or services or to protect or defend our legal rights.
- Where we have processed your personal data to provide you with marketing communications with consent, we may contact you to ensure you are happy to continue receiving such communications. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive such communications, your personal data will be removed from our lists.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data where we are processing personal data:
– based on our legitimate interests. If you ask us to stop processing your personal data on this basis, we will stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling grounds as to why the processing should continue in accordance with data protection laws; and for direct marking purposes. If you ask us to stop processing your personal data on this basis, we will stop. In each case please do so by making contact with us directly via email or in writing.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your personal data which we are processing. You can exercise this right by making contact with us directly. We will deal with Access Requests for free, however we are entitled under the Act to refuse to process your request, or to charge for a request to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, if we feel the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
- You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
- You also have the right to have incomplete personal data we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
- If you request a correction of your personal information we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it.
RIGHT TO RESTRICTION
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where:
– the accuracy of the personal data is being contested by you;
– the processing by us of your personal data is unlawful, but you do not want the relevant personal data erased;
– we no longer need to process your personal data for the agreed purposes, but you want to preserve your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
– we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest
– object to our processing on the basis of our legitimate interest
– want processing of the relevant personal data to be restricted until it can be determined whether our legitimate interest overrides their legitimate interest.
– where any exercise by you of your right to restriction determines that our processing of particular personal data are to be restricted, we will then only process the relevant personal data in accordance with your consent and, in addition, for storage purposes and for the purpose of legal claims.
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
- You have the right to receive your personal data in structured, standard machine-readable format and the right to transmit such personal data to another controller.
ERASURE OF PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to require we erase your personal data which we are processing where one of the following grounds applies:
- the processing is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which your personal data was collected or otherwise processed;
- our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have subsequently withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal ground we can use to process your personal data;
- you object to the processing in your personal data as set out above and we have no overriding legitimate interest for our processing;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed; and the erasure is required for compliance with a law to which we are subject.
On verification of your request for erasure, please note that we will endeavour to erase the relevant data as quickly as possible. We will try to comply with your request within one month.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
- Exercising your rights: You can exercise your rights by making contact with us directly
LINKS ON OUR WEBSITE
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers. Our service connects you to different websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites or use our service, please note that you have left our website and these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check these policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.