Terms and Conditions
Enquire About Our Services
WRITTEN OR VERBAL INSTRUCTION TO COMMENCE WORK IN RECEIPT OF A WRITTEN QUOTATION, CONSTITUTES A CONTRACT AND MEANS ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS AS WRITTEN BELOW.
TERMS OF BUSINESS
- Our terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- The customer agrees to permit access to the property, which is subject of the work by Devon Surface Care Ltd on an unrestricted basis during reasonable working hours.
- All work is guaranteed for a 18 month period on payment and completion.
- The contract cannot be varied by either party except where the variations are agreed by both the customer and Devon Surface Care Ltd, in writing.
- All prices are subject to a free site inspection and written quotation.
- Devon Surface Care Ltd reserves the right to cancel any orders if advised by our technical surveyors.
- Pressure cleaning will not revive fading of colour due to sunlight or age.
- Any site clearance required prior to works may incur additional charges.
- Free access to a good water supply and 240V power socket from clients property is required.
- Oil, solvent, chewing gum and cement stains may not be removed in all cases.
- All areas to be worked on within the site / project specifics must be sound in construction.
- Many sites will require a return visit as surfaces need to be clean and dry before commencing the full restoration including the re-sanding or sealing work.
- Pressure cleaning may loosen or remove unsound, broken, damaged or perished surfaces, pointing, blocks, paving stones and insecure brickwork. In all cases the cost of any reinstatement will be the customer’s responsibility. These works may be carried out by us or by a third party.
- All prices within quotation valid subject to at least half of the written work being accepted.
- Devon Surface Care Ltd will use its best endeavours to commence the work on or as close as possible to any appropriate start dates agreed. Failure to meet any agreed start date due to inclement weather or for whatever reason will not be a condition to cancel the contract.
- Upon completion of this contract, any further work or remedial work needing to be carried out must be submitted to Devon Surface Care Ltd in writing clearly identifying the location of the problem.
- Payment in full is required upon completion less any deposit paid.
- Payment by electronic transfer, cash or cheque.
- Payment Terms 7 Days from date of invoice.
- Overdue accounts will incur interest on a daily basis at 2% above base rate.
- Late payments will be pursued using a debt recovery agency, the cost of which will be accounted for by the client.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
You (the customer) have the right to cancel this contract should you wish to do so. You may exercise this right by delivering, or sending (including by electronic mail) a cancellation notice to Unit 14, Link House, Leat Street, Tiverton. Devon EX16 5LG ( or firstname.lastname@example.org). This must be done within the period of 14 days after acceptance of the quotation. This notice of cancellation will be deemed to have been served as soon as it is posted or sent (or in the case of an electronic communication, from the day it is sent). The letter must clearly state the customer name, site address and total value of the written quotation that formed the contract.
If you (the customer) cancels the contract other than in accordance with the above terms and conditions, Devon Surface Care Ltd reserves the right to charge the following, which represent losses and expenses incurred by the company prior to cancellation.
- 25% of the contract value where the customer cancels the contract outside of the “14 days / right to cancel” period clearly described above.
- 50% of the contract value where the customer cancels the contract outside of the “14 days / right to cancel” period and after commencement of the scope of works detailed within the quotation.